Make Wellness your New Year Resolution

Even if resolutions are not kept in the course of the year, the importance given to wellness reflects a positive change. Every small step you make towards holistic living will improve your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.


So does this year’s New Year resolution involve any of these holistic goals?
  • A better work-life balance
  • Exercise more and regularly
  • Spend additional time with family and not just friends
  • Resolve to quit smoking and drinking
  • Have a healthy wholesome diet to tame the bulge
  • Spend more time travelling to different parts of the world
  • Have regular massages
  • Allot more time for rest and leisure
  • Build a life outside the office
  • Practice yoga, the perfect antidote in this stressed-out world
  • Kick unhealthy habits by taking up a healthy hobby
  • Learn something new this year
  • Spend more time in volunteer activities
  • De-clutter your house and desktop
  • Spend some time in silence daily. It is here you can see the larger picture - the purpose of your life and meaning to your life
  • And finally, constantly remind yourself that you deserve to be happy.

Making a lifestyle change is not easy but once you begin to reap the rewards you will definitely feel the effort was worthwhile. Remember, it’s not so much important to make a resolution as it is to follow it through. Hence, set short term goals, use visualizations to help along the way and you just might be amazed how your resolutions soon become a part of your holistic life.

Today I set goals I know I can reach.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
The goals I set today for myself will help me in the days to come.
I shall have a Wonderful 2009.


http://www.metronirvana.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for me, work-life balance is being achieved very well! Stress levels are low but fitness levels are way from being in the good range. However, starting to look into that too. Thanks for that holistic reinforcement.

Anonymous said...

my new year resolution is to be more active, connect with nature, learn something new and work for my community.

Anonymous said...

My new year resolution, I will try to kick my coffee addiction. I will stick to green tea instead.