Stress at the workplace

Stress and stress-related disorders have reached epidemic proportions among the corporate world. Research continues to confirm the harmful effects of stress on employee productivity, communication, attitude, absenteeism, their personal relationships and general health.

Few things that run common among workforce in emerging economies as well as developed nations is that a majority of the employees are:

  • stressed
  • not maintaining work-life balance
  • don’t look forward to going to work on some days
  • concerned that working conditions are putting their health at risk and will inevitably result in burnout
  • have not sought professional help for stress/health-related issues at the workplace

Sadly but truly, one can change one's job but not avoid stress! Whatever market you operate in, whatever business you conduct, stress is a fact of corporate life, but it need not be a way of life. Are you one of these many executives who are risking your health for a healthier bank balance??? Do you know that reducing just one health risk of yours can increase your job productivity & cut absenteeism?

Even though we don’t realize it, most of us waste a good amount of time daily! If we would track our movements every day for a week, we'd discover that we waste at least an hour a day. This hour per day can be re-invested into inculcating wellness in your daily routine and help you live a healthier and productive life both at work and home.

http://www.metronirvana.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion the term “Stress Management” is an oxymoron. First you create stress within yourself, and then try to “manage” it. Funny, isn’t it? Why not prevent stress in the first place? Focus on “stress prevention” rather than “stress management”.

Anonymous said...

As stress continues to proliferate, more people will come to realize that they have to roll up their sleeves at times and go deep into the heart to bring about their own fulfillment.

Anonymous said...

My company and my work is the only cause of stress in my life. I believe that my company should help me and other employees deal with stress. But they care a hoot for us. MY BOSS SUCKS

Anonymous said...

You are right, I need to do some relaxation activities. I realized that I remove my office stress on my family. They dont deserve it.